Friday, August 12, 2016

Cans to Put on the Shelf not the Freezer.

I was going to leave it just at that: *crickets.*    And make people wonder, but I think I'll say more.

I made my first batch of COOKED (not freezer) jam. Six out of the seven jars sealed properly (pop! pop!) so the seventh jar went to the refrigerator instead of to the pantry with the other six. It tastes really good. I made the low sugar recipe, and anything sweeter would have been cloying. Excellent blackberry growing, Mr. Athena!

I am afraid of so many things.  I don't want to appear to brag 

Maybe someone reading this gets frightened like me and needs some encouragement.  It was something I was afraid to try on my own, putting up food and being confident it's safe being stored somewhere other than the refrigerator.   Find someone who knows how to do it and have them show you.  Sooner or later, you'll be ready to try on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment