Saturday, August 13, 2016

First Nations Lake is a Scene You Can Make...

First Nations Lake is a scene you should make
with your little one.
So keep it in mind if you're lookin' to find
a place in the summer sun.   --Cowsills


Ah, summertime. Ah, Political Correctness.

I had been  warned before-hand by a dearly beloved PC individual not to ask this woman about her  First Nations culture because, mmm, something to do with my being  white. Well, OK.  I was nervous.  On the day after we were introduced, she and I took a long walk in the woods and then sat on rocks at the bank of a river. We talked about anything and everything, so comfortably and agreeing on so much.

She invited me to dinner, and told me her daughter was preparing Bannock Hotdogs.  "Bannock is basically Indian bread," she explained.  

All's well that ends well.  I've got myself a new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment