Sunday, August 14, 2016

Thank God It's Sunday

I do this kind of thing once a week, so I don't bore myself and others, and besides....who the heck am I, some kind of wing-nut pseudo-spiritual giantess, presuming to speak of meditation, and San Juan de la Cruz, and dark nights of the soul, as if I knew what I was talking about? 

When instead, I could be using the valuable piece of internet real-estate which is IreneAthena.blogspot.com  to hold forth on why Francis of Argentina is the anti-pope because he supports immigration, or alternatively,  why you are a heretic with a false and brittle faith if you support Trump's anti-immigration policies instead of Hillary Clinton's anti-Putin policies or, alternatively, Clinton's policies instead of Trump's.

Here's your belated Christmas in July: Bah, Humbug!
*** 

I'm going to cut and paste an excerpt from an earlier entry, "Brain Repetition Not Vain Repetition."

... I've been noticing how  The Our Father and The Shepherd's Psalm mesh together. 

Our Father who art in heaven          The LORD
Hallowed be thy name.


Thy kingdom come,        
Thy will be done            is my shepherd:
On earth 
as it is in Heaven.


Give us this day        I shall not want. He maketh me
our daily bread                                                    to lie down in green pastures:
                                                           he leadeth me beside the still waters.


And forgive us our sins         He restoreth my soul:
as we forgive those                               he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness 
who sin against us.                  for his name's sake.


And lead us not         Yea, though I walk through 
into temptation              the valley of the shadow of death,       
but deliver us from evil.   I will fear no evil: 
                                               for thou art with me; 
                                                  thy rod and thy staff 
                                               they comfort me.
  .                      Thou preparest a table before me
                                       in the presence of mine enemies: 
                                thou anointest my head with oil;
                                                my cup runneth over. {wow!} 
                        Surely goodness and mercy
                                  shall follow me

For thine is the Kingdom,                 all the days of my life: and I will dwell
and the Power,                          in the house                  
and the Glory                          of the Lord
Now and forever.                        for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment