Friday, September 23, 2016

Yes, he's clueless. Deal with it.

It's another Family Friday at my blog, and this entry is written for the woman who is frustrated by her mate's inability to understand why she's upset about this, that or the other thing. Clueless! Yes, he is: most of them are. Men's inability to understand women motivates  many "what she says/what she really means" web pages, and the sooner you accept this and stop expecting your man to be something he can't be, the better. 

Fortunately, there is a little trick a friend shared with me early in my marriage, and I don't know why it works, but it does work, almost every time. Instead of expecting him to know how to walk a mile in your moccasins, you take your moccasins off and put them on his feet, and he'll start walking wherever you want him to go.

Here's how it works.  Let's say he continually uses your sewing scissors to cut paper, or wipes his hands on  the towel you use to dry clean dishes with.  Instead of expecting him to agree with you that this is unacceptable behavior, gently explain,"Honey, it's just as if I used your [insert name of one of his tools]  to [activity which would piss him off if he saw you doing it with aforementioned tool.]

 "Ok, sure, I get it, now that you put it that way." I can't tell you how many domestic crises have been averted thus.

...later on,....

...wait a minute. I asked some guys about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment