Friday, June 16, 2017

New-to-You Wheels

"Paint" Job
Today is Family (Secrets) Friday at my blog.

I am so proud of my restraint.

A few days ago, my husband told me he was considering buying a used car from one of his coworkers.  He described the car: make, year, how many miles it has been driven, a there's a scratch on the bumper, four wheel drive, 24 mpg city...and I kept biting my tongue...

...biting my tongue, not asking my husband the question that was burning a hole in the roof of my mouth.

"Sounds good, honey!"

We picked it up around 10pm in the parking lot where his job is. Even though it's nearly summer solstice, and there was still a sliver of daylight along the horizon, the visibility was poor when I first laid eyes on this new addition to Fleet Athena.

I didn't find out what color the car was until we arrived  home, and I could see it under  the lights from our garage.

The End.





No comments:

Post a Comment